To be eligible for this upgrade, you must hold a Level 4/5 Health & Safety NVQ that’s no older than 5 years and you must be maintaining your Health & Safety professional CPD. This upgrade will enable you to achieve Grad IOSH.
The new CPD learning outcomes needed are as follows:
- An ongoing evaluation of their personal competence
- Reflective commentaries on CPD activities
- Setting and prioritising realistic goals for professional development
- Applying professional ethics in practice – reflective account along with evidence to support (applying the IOSH code, for example)
- An appreciation of diversity and inclusivity in workplaces – reflective account on how you have applied this, with evidence to support appreciation, in practice
- Sharing personal experiences in professional debate and discussion – reflective account with evidence to support sharing
As this is a work based vocational qualification, you will not be required to take any formal examinations; you are however regularly assessed on your work-based competency.
An assessor will be assigned to you, as well as a dedicated Learner Journey Manager to ensure we provide you with all the help you need to complete the qualification within the target timeframe of 6 weeks based on committing 3-4 hours a week.
The target for you to complete your NVQ is 1-3 months, which will require you to commit 3-4 hours a week to the programme. Depending on your focus, you can complete much sooner; the more time you commit to it, the quicker you’ll achieve the NVQ.
Yes, if you’re maintaining your IOSH CPD this will contribute to 50% of the upgrade.