This programme is for Health & Safety professionals that write their companies Health & Safety policy. It is suitable for those within an Operational Health & Safety advisory, decision making or management role. Completion of this programme will achieve GradIOSH.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture
- Develop and implement the health and safety policy
- Develop and implement effective communication systems for health and safety information
- Develop and maintain individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
- Identify, assess and control health and safety risks
- Develop and implement proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Develop and implement reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Develop and implement health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- Develop and implement health and safety review systems
- Maintain knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety practice
As this is a work based vocational qualification, you will not be required to take any formal examinations; you are however regularly assessed on your work-based competency.
An assessor will be assigned to you, as well as a dedicated Learner Journey Manager to ensure we provide you with all the help you need to complete the qualification within the target timeframe of 6 months based on committing 3-4 hours a week.
The target for you to complete your NVQ is 6 months, which will require you to commit 3-4 hours a week to the programme. Depending on your focus, you can complete much sooner; the more time you commit to it, the quicker you’ll achieve the NVQ.
Yes, once you’ve completed the NVQ in full, subject to IOSH Member requirements.
No, but it will allow you to get graduate member of IOSH which will allow to undertake the process to attain Chartered Membership. This subject to IOSH Member requirements.